MANILA, Philippines – The Commission on Election (COMELEC) has announced on May 8, 2021 the resumption of the issuance of voter’s certification for local registered voters in its main office in Intramuros, Manila.
According to the COMELEC Spokesperson Director James B. Jimenez,
Registered voters nationwide may apply for a voter’s certification from Mondays to Thursdays, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. at the COMELEC’s National Central File Division (NCFD) satellite office, located at the back of Chowking in FEMI Building, Extension Cabildo Street cor A. Soriano Avenue, Intramuros, Manila.
COMELEC Spokesperson Jimenez clarified that application for the issuance of voter certification are by appointment only. ” Together with our ‘no-facemask, no-face shield, no entry policy’, this will ensure that we are protecting the safety of the public, even while NCR Plus remans under Modified Enhanced Community Quarantine”, Jimenez added.
PRESS RELEASE: COMELEC Resumes Issuance of Voter’s Certification@jabjimenez @dirfrancesarabe pic.twitter.com/yndKvkoybK
— COMELEC (@COMELEC) May 8, 2021
Here are the procedures on how to apply for a voter’s certification;
- Set an appointment via the Facebook page of the COMELEC-NCFD accessible through this link:(bit.ly/NCFDFBPage)
- 2. Go to bit.ly/OnlineVoterCertificationApplication and fill out the online Voter Certification Request Form. Clicking “submit” will automatically forward the completed form to the COMELEC.
- An appointment confirmation slip will be emailed by COMELEC to the applicant. The applicant should print out the appointment slip.
- Go to the COMELEC-NCFD satellite office on the appointed date and time. Present the appointment slip and other documentary requirements. Proceed to payment and await release of the voter’s certification.
On the day of appointment;
1. At the COMELEC-NCFD satellite office, present one valid ID. Submit a photocopy of the same ID.
2. Pay the P75 fee.
3. An authorized representative bearing an authorization letter may transact on behalf of the applicant. The representative must have a valid ID and a photocopy of the same ID.
The COMELEC reminded the public that the “voter’s certification” is free of charge for senior citizens, persons with disability (PWDs), members of Indigenous Peoples and Indigenous Cultural Communities (ICCs), and solo parents.
Schedule of COMELEC Offices for May 2021
|AREAS||PERIOD||VOTER REGISTRATION||VOTER’S CERTIFICATION|
|1. National Capital Region Plus (NCR)* |
Bulacan, Cavite, Laguna and Rizal
|May 1-14, 2021||Closed||Closed|
|2. Santiago City, Isabela|
|May 1-31, 2021||Closed||Closed|
|5. Other areas placed under ECQ or MECQ by their respective LGU’s||specific period in the month of May.||Closed||Closed|
|6. The rest of the Philippines under GCQ or MGCQ||May 1-31, 2021||Open|
Monday-Thursday 8:00 am-3:00pm
Monday-Thursday 8:00 am-5:00pm
Should you have concerns related to voter registration and voter’s certification? You may also reach the Commission on Election (COMELEC) at the following contact details:
Email Address: [email protected]
Do you have clarifications/ comments about this article? Please feel free to drop one below.
sana mag karoon nko ng voters ID