MANILA, Philippines – The Department of Health (DOH) of the Philippines has released the latest COVID-19 tally of active cases, deaths and recoveries on Monday, May 31, 2021.
The number of active cases in the Philippines has increased by 6,684. The total active cases in the Philippines has now ballooned to 54,290
Meanwhile, there were 6,098 new recoveries giving the total number of recoveries to 1,155,045. Complete details are presented in the table below.
Covid-19 Tally in the Philippines
According to DOH, 93.3% of the total Active Covid-19 Cases are mild cases and only 2.2% are asymptomatic. Only 1.4% are in the critical case while about 1.8% have severe cases. 1.28% are categorized are moderate.
Here is the nationwide tally of COVID-19 cases as of May 31, 2021.
|Classification||No. of Cases|
|Total Active Cases||54,290|
|Total Covid-19 Cases||1,230,301|
Source: Department of Health COVID-19 Case bulletin
According also to the DOH, 57% or almost 1.9k ICU beds in the Philippines are utilized. 46% or almost 13.6k isolation beds are in used and about 49% or almost 6k ward beds in the country are occupied. Meanwhile, 38% or 2k of the ventilators in the country are fully occupied.
According also to the data showed by the DOH, 53% or almost 0.7k ICU beds in NCR are utilized. 39% or almost 3.8k isolation beds are in used and about 37% or almost 2.2k ward beds in NCR are occupied. Meanwhile, 37% of the ventilators in NCR are fully occupied.
- DOH: Latest COVID-19 Tally as of May 30 2021 (Philippines)
- DOH: Latest COVID-19 Tally as of May 29 2021 (Philippines)
- DOH: Latest COVID-19 Tally as of May 28 2021 (Philippines)
- DOH: Latest COVID-19 Tally as of May 27 2021 (Philippines)
- DOH: Latest COVID-19 Tally as of May 26, 2021 (Philippines)
Indian Variant “B.1.617” in the Philippines
The DOH confirms that the corona virus variant “B.1.617” that was first discovered in India has been detected in the Philippines. The infected with the B.1.617 variant are both male OFWs, on is a 37 years old from Oman while the other is a 38year old who arrived from the UAE.
The DOH reported 10 new cases of Indian corona virus variant “B.1.617” that has been detected in the country. 9 of the 10 cases are crew from MV Athens while one is a returning OFW.
Amid pandemic, both local and international and local travels are of strict guidelines to minimize the spread of the COVID-19 virus.
According the the Department of Foreign Affairs,
- All arriving Filipino passengers, including their spouse and children (Filipino or foreign), shall be allowed entry subject to quarantine procedures.
- Foreign crew members as well as foreign government and International Organization officials accredited to the Philippines shall be allowed entry.
- Land, air, and sea travel of uniformed personnel for official business, especially those transporting medical supplies, laboratory specimens, related to COVID-19, and other humanitarian assistance, shall be allowed.
Status of Lockdown
Update as of May 31, 2021: The GCQ with heightened restriction classification has been announced and extended up to May 31, 2021 in the NCR bubble plus. These include the following places:
- Metro Manila
Iloilo City shall be placed under MECQ starting May 23, 2021 until May 31.
The Zamboanga City shall be placed under MECQ starting May 15-31, 2021 while Quirino, Abra and Ifugao Provinces shall be placed under MECQ starting May 1-31, 2021. Tacloban City shall be placed under Modified General Community Quarantine (MGCQ) until May 31, 2021.
General Santos shall be placed under GCQ starting May 26, 2021 until June 30, 2021.
Meanwhile, the following areas will be under GCQ starting May 1, 2021.
- Baguio City
- Mountain Province
- Nueva Vizcaya
- Iligan City
- Davao City
- Lanao del Sur
View here the complete information about the Status of lockdown in 2021.
Will the MECQ be extended on June 2021?
This is yet to be announced by the Malacañang Palace. Meanwhile, from MECQ, the NCR plus buble has been placed to GCQ with heightened restriction with the strong implementation and guidelines by the IATF.
What’s not allowed in MECQ
Following the guidelines of the Inter-Agency Task Force on Emerging Infectious Diseases (IATF-EID), the following establishments, persons or activities are not allowed to operate, work or undertaken.
- Entertainment Venues: karaoke bars, bars, clubs, concert halls, theaters, and cinemas
- Recreational Venues: internet cafes, billiard halls, amusement arcades and similar venues
- Amusement Parks
- Outdoor sports venues
- Indoor sports venues including fitness gyms, spas, swimming pools and similar locations
- Casinos, horse racing, lottery including PCSO draws
- Indoor attractions including libraries, museums or similar
- Outdoor tourist destinations
- Meetings, conferences, exhibitions
- Indoor dine-in services
Not Allowed in GCQ with heightened restriction
GCQ areas with heightened restrictions are strictly prohibited in entertainment venues (bars, concert halls, theaters, etc.), recreational venues (internet cafes, billiards halls, arcades, etc.), amusement parks, fairs, playgrounds, kiddie rides, indoor sports courts and venues and indoor tourist attractions; venues for meetings, conferences.
Interzonal travel from NCR Plus shall not allowed in GCQ areas with heightened restrictions except those who under Authorized Persons Outside Residence (APORs).
Basic Covid-19 Health Protocols
The following basic COVID-19 health guidelines should always be observed at all times to prevent the spread of the infection:
- Wearing of face mask and face shield
- Social distancing
- Avoid crowded areas
- Regular washing of hands with soap and water
- Use of sanitizers and alcohol
Should you have concerns related to COVID-19, you may also reach the Department of Health at the following contact details:
Telephone Number: (02) 894-COVID/ 1555
Do you have clarifications/ comments about this article? Please feel free to drop one below.