Manila, Philippines– The Department of Health (DOH) on Friday confirmed 8,748 new COVID-19 cases, the second highest reported case this month bringing the country’s total cases to 1,209,154.
As of May 28, the DOH reported 3,017 recoveries giving the total number of recoveries to 1,134,818.
Meanwhile, 187 deaths has been reported pushing the total number of fatalities in the countries to 20,566.
The number of reported recoveries of 3,017 is the second lowest daily recoveries tally as of May. 2,586 were reported the lowest recoveries as of May 21. Here’s the complete details.
|Classification||No. of Cases|
|Total Active Cases||53,770|
|Total Covid-19 Cases||1,209,154|
- DOH: Latest COVID-19 Tally as of May 27 2021 (Philippines)
- DOH: Latest COVID-19 Tally as of May 26, 2021 (Philippines)
- DOH: Latest COVID-19 Tally as of May 25, 2021 (Philippines)
Covid-19 Vaccines Update
As of May 25, 1,029,061 were fully vaccinated and 3,466,314 received their first dose. The government has administered a total of 4,495,375 doses of vaccines in total.
The Philippine government has distributed at least 7,767,290 doses of COVID vaccines as of May 18, 2021. Each person needs 2 doses of COVID-19 vaccine.
The government achieved a 7-day average of vaccinated individuals of 108,540. Likewise, they (government) assure that the vaccines are free for all.
The government approved the vaccination for economic frontline workers in essential sectors (A4) and indigent Filipinos (A5) beginning of June. So far, only health workers (A1), senior citizens (A2) and persons with comorbidities (A3) have undergone the vaccination program.
The national government expand the vaccination program for overseas Filipino workers and tourism frontliners.
As of May 20, the government received 8,279,050 vaccines from Pfizer (193,050), Gamaleya (30,000), Sinovac (5.5M) and AstraZeneca (2,556,000).
- 500,000 Sinovac COVID-19 vaccines arrived in Philippines
- 193,050 Pfizer COVID-19 vaccines arrived in Philippines
- 2M AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccines arrived in Philippines
- 1.5M Sinovac COVID-19 vaccines arrived in Philippines.
- DOH: Non-Disclosure Policy for vaccine brand
Do you have clarifications/ comments about this article? Please feel free to drop one below.