Manila, Philippines – The Department of Science and Technology (DOST) has announced the availability of scholarships for Master’s and Doctorate (MS & PhD) degrees for School Year 2021-2022 through the Accelerated Science and Technology Human Resource Development Program (ASTHRD).
DOST Secretary Fortunato de la Peña said that there are 1,640 slots are allotted for Master of Science and 765 slots for Doctor of Philosophy.
To quote from his statement,
This year, the Department of Science and Technology- Science Education Institute (DOST-SEI) has 1,640 new slots for MS and 765 new slots for PhD scholarships
DOST Secretary said “sometime in August this year”, the Institute will set to announce about 12,000 new qualifiers or incoming freshmen to the DOST-SEI Undergraduate scholarship program. About 2,000 scholarship qualifiers will also be announced for the Junior level Science Scholarships who are already in 3rd year college.
DOST-SEI is supporting 43,493 science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) scholars nationwide in which 36,452 are at the undergraduate level, 4,603 are pursuing their Master’s degree, and 2,438 are pursuing their PhD degrees.
DOST Secretary added that there are 218 scholars in MS and PhD who are currently studying in 25 different countries for the Foreign Graduate Scholarship Programs.
These scholars are taking up DOST priority courses in specialized fields which are not yet strong, or are not being offered in the Philippines
These courses include space science and engineering, material science and nanotechnology, virology, data science and analytics, biomedical engineering, and courses in emerging technologies, among others
Deadline for Submission of Application
Here are the schedule for the submission of application in scholarship offered by the DOST.
|Semester Starting in||Deadline|
|First Semester AY 2021-2022||June 30, 2021|
|Second Semester AY 2021-2022||TBA|
General Criteria of Eligibility for Graduate Scholarship
The Philippine Council for Health Research and Development (PCHRD) announced that there are two types of Graduate Scholarships available, the University-based MS/PhD Program and Thesis/Dissertation Grant Support for R&D priority areas of DOST.
To qualify, an applicant must:
- belong to any of the following:
- professionals doing research or those from industry
- new students
- on-going MS/PhD students in priority S&T fields and DOST network schools
- be a Filipino citizen
- not more than 45 years old at the time of application
- be in good health condition
- have passed the admission requirements for graduate studies at any of the DOST identified institutions
- have passed the interview and other screening procedures
How to Apply for Graduate Scholarship
- Accomplish the application form with the following:
- Information Sheet (you may download the form at DOST, PCHRD, and SEI-DOST websites)
- Authenticated Birth Certificate
- Certified True Copy of the Transcript of Records
- Endorsements from three former professors: two professors and one employer (if employed)
- Medical Certificate from a licensed physician indicating his PRC License No., as to health status
- Valid NBI Clearance
- Certificate of Employment (if employed)
- Certification of Admission in the University where you intend to enroll*
- Program of study approved by the graduate school*
- University Evaluation Sheet for Admission in the graduate program signed by the Dean of Graduate Studies/School
*must be submitted as a requirement for the awarding of the scholarships
2. Submit the required documents to PCHRD.
Philippine Council for Health Research and Development
3rd floor, DOST Building, Gen. Santos Avenue,Bicutan, Taguig City 1631 Philippines
Email: [email protected]
Telefax No.: +632 8372931
Should you have concerns related to Scholarships, you may also reach the S&T Scholarship Division at the following contact details:
Tel nos.: (02)8837-2071 loc. 2382
Cellphone no.: 09278868816;
E-mail: [email protected]
Facebook: SEI-STSD & @DOST.SEI
DOST website: @PCHRD
Do you have clarifications/ comments about this article? Please feel free to drop one below.