MANILA, Philippines – Hidilyn Diaz will return home with lots of cash prizes/ pledges, house and lot, and other rewards awaiting. Hidilyn has won a gold medal in women’s 55-kg weightlifting event in the Tokyo 2020 Olympics.
Diaz has won with a total score of 224, beating China’s Liao Qiuyun.
So far, Hidilyn Diaz would get at least P58.5 million worth of prizes after winning the Philippines’ first Olympic gold medal.
Lists of Cash Rewards and Incentives
Here is the list of cash rewards and incentives given by different individuals and companies:
- Php 10M cash from government
- As amended by Law (Republic Act No. 10699)
- Php 10M cash from Manuel V. Pangilinan Foundation
- Php 10M cash from Ramon Ang
- Php 5M cash from Dennis Uy
- Php 3M cash from Deputy Speaker Mikee Romero
- Php 2.5M pesos from LGU-Zamboanga City
- Php 14M worth of Condominium from Megaworld in Eastwood City
- Php 4M worth of House and Lot in Tagaytay City
- Php 4M worth of House and Lot from Century Properties
- Lifetime Free Flights from Air Asia
- Lifetime 80,000 miles per year free flights from PAL
- Lifetime Free fuel from Phoenix Petroleum
- 13-seater van from Foton
Since joining in the Olympics, the Philippines has won eleven (11) Olympic medals including one (1) gold, seven (7) bronze, and three (3) silver.
What’s your reactions about Hidilyn’s prizes? Please feel free to drop one below.