Manila, Philippines – The Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA) announced on April 28, 2021 that the online registration for the National ID System is already ongoing which started on Friday, April 30, 2021.
The Philippine Identification System or PhilSys was first signed into a law on August 06, 2018 by the virtue vested by the President of the Philippines Rodrigo Roa Duterte with the goal of establishing a single national identification system to provide a valid proof of identity for all Filipinos and resident aliens in the Philippines.
How to apply for the National ID?
To apply, the applicants have to follow below three (3) steps:
Step 1: Register online via PhilSys
The applicant must log on to register.philsys.gov.ph. Fill out the required data fields and proceed to Submit. At the beginning of the process, the System needs the information about the applicant’s contact number or email address to send the OTP pin. The basic Information of the applicants including Full Name, Sex, Date and Place of Birth, Blood type, Address, Marital status, Contact Number, and Email Address will also be filled. Applicant can book the preferred appointment schedule to proceed with the next steps of application. Make sure to save the Application Reference Number (ARN) or have a screenshot of the QR Code as this will be presented at the next step.
Step 2: Apply on the designated appointment date at Registration Center
Present the Application Registration Number (ARN) or QR code on the day of appointment to the designated Registration Center. Biometric information including fingerprint and photograph will be taken in the registration center during the appointment. Bring the supporting documents on the day of your appointment.
STEP 3: Receive the National ID
The PhilSys Number (PSN) and PhilID will be delivered at the given delivery address. Present the necessary documents such as transaction slip or valid ID to the courier.
What are the requirements for the National ID System?
Here is the list of primary requirements for the National ID System applications issued by the PSA. Applicants are advised to bring at least one (1) original copy of the following primary documentary requirements:
- PSA-issued Certificate of Live Birth and one (1) government-issued identification document which bears full name, front-facing photograph, and signature or thumb mark.
- Philippine Passport or ePassport issued by the DFA;
- GSIS or SSS-issued Unified Multi-purpose Identification Card (UMID);
- Land Transportation Office (LTO)-issued Student’s License Permit or Non-Professional/Professional Driver’s License
Below is the list of documentary secondary requirements. Applicants are likewise advise to bring at least one (1) of the following:
- PSA-issued Certificate of Live Birth/NSO-issued Certificate of Live Birth with Birth Reference Number (BreN)
- LCRO-issued Certificate of Live Birth
- PSA-issued Report of Birth
- PSA-issued Certificate of Foundling
- Integrated Bar of the Philippines (IBP) Identification Card
- Professional Regulatory Commission (PRC) ID
- Seaman’s Book
- Overseas Workers Welfare Administration (OWWA) ID
- Senior Citizen’s ID
- SSS ID
- Pantawid Pamilyang Pilipino Program (4Ps) ID
- License to Own or Possess Firearms (LTOPF) ID
- NBI Clearance
- Police Clearance/ID
- Solo Parent’s ID
- PWD ID
- Voter’s ID
- Postal ID
- Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN) ID
- Philhealth ID
- Philippine Retirement Authority (PRA)-issued Special Resident Retiree’s Visa (SRRV)
- National ID from other countries
- Residence ID from other countries
Where are the Registration Centers for the National ID?
PSA said that they have partnered with the Local Government Units (LGUs) for the establishment of the registration centers. These are likely to open within 2021.
How long is the validity of the National ID?
The PhilID has no expiration for Filipino citizens. It will only be renewed upon updating of demographic and biometric information.
For alien residents, the PhilID is valid only for one (1) year and may be renewed yearly.
Is the National ID required for Filipinos?
Per PSA, it is not mandatory. However, it is recommended to register as this can be used with the government transactions.
What is the age requirement for applying in the National ID?
Online registration for the National ID/ Philsys is open to everyone, even the newborn children
For those below five (5) years old, no other data will be connected aside from the demographic information and front facing photo. The PSN will be linked to the parent or legal guardian. Meanwhile, when they reached the age of fifteen (15), they are required to update their information.
What are the benefits of National ID?
In the recently release statements of USEC Dennis Mapa of the National Statistician and Civil Registrar General, the Philippine Identification System or PhilSys aims to promote a central digital identification system in the country that will be the way to a digital economy. He pointed the following benefits in using PhilSys ID Program.
- It is useful because transactions and documentation will be done through the internet.
- It can help facilitate access to services and transactions. Physical requirements such as personal appearance, documents, or cash are no longer needed.
- It would help fast track the services and transactions.
- It is a valid proof of identity that makes transactions more easier and faster.
- It shall be a means of simplifying both public and private transactions such as; Enrollment in Schools and the Opening of Bank Accounts.
- It will also boost the effectiveness and efficiency, especially when dealing with Government Services where people will only need to present one ID during transactions.
Should you have concerns related to Online Registration of PhilSys ID, you may reach the Philippines Statistics Authority at the following contact details:
PhilSys Registry Office via hotline 1388
Email: [email protected]
Do you have clarifications/ comments about this article? Please feel free to drop one below.
Don’t post my email
Good day po. Puwede ba makapagregister ang mga nandito sa labas ng bansa? Anu-ano po ang mga requirements. Thank you po.
Sir, I have already comply step 1 &2 and of all a sudden my address was change to another place not within that municipality. My question is how can I get my National ID. My notice of delivery slip is in my position. Thank you..
WALA NAMAN PO AKONG MATANGGAP NA OTP? TRINY KO EMAIL ILAGAY WALA NAMAN PO. TRINY KO DIN CP NO. KO WALA PADING MATANGGAP NA OTP. TINIGNAN KO SA SPAM FOLDER NA SINASABI. WALA NAMAN. PANO PO ITO?
Let us improve something Now! The primary documentary requirements are already in store with relevant government agencies. Why make it difficult for an ordinary citizen to collect it for you. This likewise involve the secondary requirement, You only need the complete Name, present address of the applicant. All other requirements coming direct from other government agencies directly furnished to you …..will always be an authentic document as these were taken from corresponding agencies. NOT something produced from Quiapo. WHAT used are these affected agencies then, if we go back to square one…. again.
bakit po hindi kami makaregister online
How to cancel the Online Application of National Identification?