Will President Rodrigo Roa Duterte release the imposition of ordinary General Community Quarantine (GCQ) by June 15, 2021?
With the current downward trend of active cases, netizens are now asking about the possible relax quarantine classification in the National Capital Region (NCR) and neighboring cities.
The Malacañang Palace is expected to announce the new community quarantine classification few days before June 15.
Stand by here for the list of cities and provinces and their new classifications.
President Duterte initially announced the GCQ with heightened restrictions lockdown to “NCR Plus” bubble on May 14, 2021 covering the neighboring provinces of Laguna, Bulacan, Rizal and Cavite from May 15-31 . With the recommendations of DOH and experts, President Duterte later extended the GCQ with restrictions from June 1 to June 15, 2021 to lessen the transmission of virus and to decongest the hospitals.
Malacañang said on Thursday, June 10 that possible easing of quarantine classification in Metro Manila and four (4) neighboring provinces after June 15 because of the downward trends in covid-19 cases.
”For Metro Manila, the numbers are looking good. The hospital care utilization remains very low or at 53 in ICU (intensive care unit) beds, and that’s one of the important factors we consider for escalation (of quarantine restrictions),” Presidential spokesman Harry Roque said.
“I would say in fact that based on the figures, Metro Manila Plus might be looking at de-escalation. It might not be to (modified GCQ or) MGCQ but it could be to ordinary GCQ because the GCQ we have now has certain restrictions,” he added.
The Inter-Agency Task Force for the Management of Emerging Infectious Diseases (IATF-EID) scheduled a meeting last Thursday, June 10 to review the recommendation of Secretary Harry Roque.
The IATF-EID approved the re-opening of gyms, fitness center and museums NCR Plus.
Gyms, fitness studios, museums and other non-indoor contact sports are allowed at 30% capacity in Metro Manila and other nearby provinces of Bulacan, Cavite, Laguna, and Rizal provided with Safety Seal Certification issued from the local government as per Resolution No. 120, dated 10 June 2021.
Status of Hospitals
As per DOH Covid-19 Tracker as of June 11, the capacity of hospitals in catering the Covid-19 patients in NCR Plus is at a safe level because of the infection rates are declining. 52.33% or 674 out of 1,288 of the ICU beds were occupied . 37.89% or 2,521 out of 6,653 of the isolation beds were occupied and 36.10% or 1,439 or 3,986 of the war beds are occupied.
COVID-19 Cases Updates as of June 12, 2021
The number of active cases in the Philippines is continuously increasing to 60,341 with 8,027 reported new cases as of June 12.
As announced by the DOH, there were 8,940 new recoveries giving the total number of recoveries to 1,225,359.
Here is the nationwide tally of COVID-19 cases as of June 12, 2021.
|Classification||No. of Cases|
|Total Active Cases||60,341|
|Total Covid-19 Cases||1,308,352|
The Department likewise encourages the people to practice proper sanitation such as using alcohol-based or washing hands this also may protect us from spreading the virus.
See Also: Latest tally of the COVID-19 cases in the Philippines
Under the new classification, travel to and travel from NCR Plus shall be remained restricted. Dine-in, Tourist spots and Religious gathering shall also be remained limited.
Some restrictions shall still be in place in Metro Manila and neighboring provinces limiting the capacities of certain industries.
Allowed in MECQ, GCQ with restriction and GCQ
- Lottery games is temporarily allowed (inclusion in negative list suspended via Reso 115)
- Areas under GCQ with restriction and GCQ are temporarily allowed in Horse racing with off-track betting (OTB) stations (inclusion in negative list suspended via Reso 114).
- Areas under MECQ: Outdoor contact sports, games, scrimmages such as individual outdoor exercises (outdoor walks, jogging, running, biking) are allowed within the general area of their residence.
- Non-contact sports are allowed in areas under GCQ with restrictions and GCQ.
- Indoor sports courts and venues and indoor tourist attraction is 50% allowed in areas under GCQ.
- Venues for meetings, conferences, exhibitions is 50% allowed in areas under GCQ. Meanwhile, in areas under GCQ with restriction is 30% allowed (may add up to additional 10% if granted by the safety seal if it used for social events).
- Personal care services (salons, parlors, beauty clinics and alike.,) is 50% allowed in areas under GCQ. Meanwhile, 40% is allowed only for services not requiring the removal of facemask. May add up to 10% if it is granted by the safety seal in areas under GCQ with restriction.
- Outdoor tourist attraction is 50% allowed in areas under GCQ. Meanwhile, only 30% is allowed in areas under GCQ with restrictions.
- Specialized market of the DOT (staycation/DOT accredited accommodations) is allowed in GCQ, while in areas under GCQ with restriction is also allowed but individual must follow MPHS, safety protocols, without age restrictions) Staycation hotels with CAOS – up to 100% venue capacity; other DOT-accredited accommodation establishments – 30%; with LGU oversight.
- Indoor dining is are allowed in GCQ and GCQ with restriction but only 50% and 30% capacity are allowed respectively.
- Outdoor dining (Al fresco) is 50% allowed in GCQ with restriction.
- Religious Activities, wakes, weddings, baptism is 10% allowed in areas under MECQ but LGUs may increase up to 30% necrological services, wakes, inurnment, funerals only to immediate family members. Meanwhile, 30% are allowed in areas under GCQ and GCQ with restriction and LGUs can increase up to 50%.
- Interzonal travel from NCR Plus areas are allowed in areas under GCQ but subject to destination LGU restriction while in areas under GCQ with restriction is also allowed but subject to destination LGU restrictions, For point-to-point travel, allowed age restriction but with testing before travel requirement.
- Interzonal travel within NCR Plus areas are allowed in all areas.
- 18 to 65 years old are allowed to go out in areas under MECQ, GCQ with restriction and GCQ.
Not Allowed in MECQ, GCQ with restriction and GCQ
- MECQ, GCQ with restrictions and GCQ are strictly prohibited in entertainment venues (bars, concert halls, theaters, etc.), recreational venues (internet cafes, billiards halls, arcades, etc.), amusement parks, fairs, playgrounds, kiddie rides, and cockfighting.
- Horse racing with off-track betting is not allowed in areas under MECQ.
- Indoor sports courts and venues and indoor tourist attraction are not allowed in areas under MECQ and GCQ with restriction.
- Venues for meetings, conferences, exhibitions are not allowed in areas under MECQ.
- Personal care services (salons, parlors, beauty clinics and alike.,) is not allowed in areas under MECQ.
- Outdoor tourist attraction is not allowed in areas under MECQ.
- Specialized market of the DOT (staycation/DOT accredited accommodations) is not allowed in areas under MECQ.
- Indoor dining is not also allowed in areas under MECQ.
- Outdoor dining (Al fresco) are not applicable in areas under MECQ and GCQ.
- Interzonal travel from NCR Plus areas are not allowed but only limited to APOR only.
Shall the COVID-19 cases continue to decrease and the percentage of recoveries further increased, there’s a high probability of easing restrictions in the NCR Plus bubble.
What do you think? Will the President shift the classification from GCQ with restriction to Ordinary GCQ? Let us know your reactions by dropping a comment below.