Manila, Philippines – Due to the continuous surge of Delta variants in Metro Manila, Secretary Harry Roque, spokesperson of the Inter-Agency Task Force for the Management of Emerging Infectious Diseases announced on Friday that Metro Manila will be placed strictest Enhanced Community Quarantine (ECQ) starting August 6 to August 20, 2021.
President Rodrigo Roa Duterte earlier announced the approval of the recommendation of the Inter-Agency Task Force (IATF) to placed NCR to General Community Quarantine (GCQ) “with heightened restrictions” starting August 1 until August 15, 2021 on Wednesday.
Here is the summary for the Revised Community Restrictions
- July 30 to August 5
- General Community Quarantine (GCQ) with heightened restrictions
- August 6 to August 20
- Enhanced Community Quarantine (ECQ)
Only necessary establishments and industries will be able to operate under the ECQ. Hospitals, grocery stores, courier and delivery services, some manufacturing companies, and business process outsourcing organizations will all continue to operate normally.
As per Omnibus Guidelines for the Implementation of Community Quarantine, those who are over 18 years old and below 64 years old are required to go outside.
Also, the following establishments, persons, or activities are allowed to operate at full on-site capacity during ECQ.
- Public and Private Hospitals
- Health, emergency, and frontline services, including those provided by dialysis centers, chemotherapy centers, HMOs, health insurance providers, disaster risk reduction management officers, and public safety officers, and the like;
- Manufacturers of medicines and vitamins, medical supplies, devices, and equipment, including suppliers of input, packaging, and distribution;
- Industries involved in agriculture (crops, fruits, vegetables, livestock, and poultry), forestry, fishery, and such other components of the food value chain and their workers, including farmers and fisherfolks;
- Logistics service providers (delivery and courier services; cargo handling; warehousing; trucking; freight forwarding; shipping, port and terminal operators);
- Essential and priority construction projects, whether public or private, in accordance with the guidelines issued by the Department of Public Works and Highways (DPWH);
- Manufacturing related to food and other essential goods such as but not limited to soap and detergents, diapers, personal hygiene products, toilet paper, and wet wipes, and disinfectants;
- Companies that manufacture, distribute, and/or supply equipment or products necessary to perform construction or maintenance works, such as cement and steel, or spare parts;
- Essential retail trade and service establishments such as public markets, supermarkets, grocery stores, convenience stores, pharmacies or drug stores, hardware, office supplies, bicycle shops, laundry shops, and water-refilling stations;
- Food preparation establishments such as kiosks, commissaries, restaurants, and eateries, but limited to take-out and delivery;
- Public and private financial service providers involved in the distribution of government grants and amelioration subsidies; and
- Business process outsourcing establishments (BPOs), andexport-oriented businesses, including mining and quarrying activities;
- Public transport providers and operators.
Source: Official Gazette
The stricter GCQ period triggers the following new restrictions beginning July 31 under the latest IATF Resolution 130-A.
- Beginning July 31, the stricker GCQ will not allowed outdoor dining. The only services that are allowed are take-out and food delivery.
- Personal care services establishments were only allowed to operate at 30% capacity.
- Indoor sports courts and venues, and indoor tourist attractions will not allowed to operate
- Only authorized individuals are permitted to enter and exit in NCR Plus (Metro Manila, Cavite, Rizal, Bulacan, and Laguna).
- Starting July 30, only virtual religious gatherings will be permitted.
- 30% venue capacity will be allowed in outdoor tourist attraction
Areas with Quarantine Classifications
(August 6-20, 2021)
(August 1-7, 2021)
(August 1-15, 2021)
with heightened restriction
(August 1-15, 2021)
(August 1-31, 2021)
(August 1-31, 2021)
|NCR / Metro Manila||R6: Iloilo City and Iloilo Province|
R10: Cagayan de Oro and Gingoog City
|R1: Ilocos Norte|
R7: Lapulapu and Mandaue City
|Bulacan, Rizal, Laguna, Cavite, and Lucena|
R1: Ilocos Sur
R5: Naga City
R6: Antique, Aklan, Bacolod City, and Capiz
R7: Negors Oriental
R9: Zamboanga del Sur
R10: Misamis Oriental
R11: Davao City, Davao Del Norte, Davao de Oro, and Davao Occidental
CARAGA: Butuan City
CAR: Apayao and Baguio City
R2: City of Santiago, Isabela, Nueva Vizcaya, and Quirino
R4-A: Batangas and Quezon Province
R4-B: Puerto Princesa City
R6: Guimaras and Negros Occidental
R9: Zamboanga Sibugay, City of Zamboanga, and Zamboanga del Norte
R11: Davao Oriental and Davao del Sur
R12: General Santos City, Sultan Kudarat, Sarangani, North Cotabato, and South Cotabato,
CARAGA: Agusan del Norte, Surigao del Norte, Agusan del Sur, Dinagat Islands, and Surigao del Sur
BARMM: Cotabato City
|Rest of the Philippines|
Covid-19 Updates as of July 30, 2021
The Department of Health (DOH) of the Philippines has released the latest COVID-19 tally of active cases, deaths, and recoveries on Friday, July 30, 2021.
The number of active cases in the Philippines has slightly increased by 8,562. The total number of active cases in the Philippines has now ballooned to 61,920.
Meanwhile, 2,854 has been reported new recoveries in the country. Complete details are presented in the table below.
|Classification||No. of Cases|
|Total Active Cases||61,920|
|Total Covid-19 Cases||1,580,824|
Do you have clarifications/ comments about this article? Please feel free to drop one below.
ano na po update sa board exam ng mechanical engineers?
panu ung board exam ng mechanical engineer po kelan po tyu mkkpg bgy ng update ung preparation nmn for this month mukng lalo ttgl pa mhrp dn para samin sna mgbgy ng mabilis na updatr kung kelan ang schedule
How about the schedule of vaccine covered under ecq ,?
Sa province lalo nat malayo sa bayan need update ang Drivers license until age 70 years of age lalo nat mahirap ang vehicles at ang pamimili you must considered province wag restrictions sa drivers lisence stupidity idea ang 65 years old lang pwedeng magmaneho sinong bibili ng gamot atmamalengkeng matatanda mga Bobo restrictions ninyo sa province specifically Isabela.
Sa government page ka ho magreklamo huwag dito sa pang board exam hehehe
What will happen to August exams?
Matutuloy po ba ang Mechanical Engineer board exam sa August 15-16? Sana po mag update kayo agad dahil hindi lahat e malapit sa testing center.
Sana po mag post na ang PRC about sa Mechanical Engineer board exam. Hindi po laht ng mag te tale ay malapit sa testing center. Sana maka pag announce na kayo asapa bago pa kami gumastos ng malaki para sa car pool, apartment at swab para makapasok sa lugar tapos iba pa ang swab bago board exam. Hindi po pinupulot ang pera kaya sana mag announce na kayo dahil pag nakabayad na kami di na namin mababawi yung pera.
ano ba balak niyo with this coming ecq ? pls update naman if tuloy pa boards….
Please lang po mag announce na po kayo, navision ko na to