Manila, Philippines – The Professional Regulation Commission (PRC) announced the room assignments for the July 2021 Metallurgical Engineers Licensure Examination (MELE) for testing locations in Manila/National Capital Region (NCR) and Cagayan de Oro (CDO).
Originally, the July 2021 MELE was scheduled on June 7, 8, & 9, 2021 but due to the COVID-19 pandemic and its ripple effects, it was then rescheduled to July 5, 6, & 7, 2021.
The licensure exams for Metallurgical Engineers will be administered by the Board of Metallurgical Engineering headed by its Chairman, Agustin M. Fudolig and its member, Juancho Pablo S. Calvez.
Here are the room assignments for the July 2021 MELE, courtesy of PRC:
Cagayan de Oro (CDO)
The July 2021 Metallurgical Engineers Licensure Exam covered topics from Metallurgy 1 to Metallurgy 3 with the following subject areas:
Metallurgy 1 (35%)
- Minerals Processing
- Metallurgical Fuel Technology
- Refractory Science
- Mechanical Metallurgy
Metallurgy 2 (25%)
- Physical Metallurgy
- Mechanical Metallurgy
- Crystallography / Metallography
- Iron and Steel Metallurgy
- Non-Ferrous Metallurgy
- Foundry Metallurgy
Metallurgy 3 (30%)
- Inorganic Qualitative
- Quantitative Chemistry
- Metallurgical Law
- Experimental Design
- Engineering Economics
- Design of simple Metallurgical Processes/ Operation/ Plants of Facilities
Male examinees are required to wear white polo shirt with collar (without any seal, logo or mark) and decent pants or slacks.
For female examinees, white blouse or shirt with collar (without any seal, logo or mark), decent skirt or slacks and pony-tailed long hair.
July 2021 Metallurgical Engineers Licensure Exam Sched
|Old Schedule||New Schedule||Location|
|June 7, 8, & 9, 2021||July 5, 6, & 7, 2021||NCR, Cagayan de Oro|
What to bring?
Don’t forget the following on examination day:
- Notice of Admission (NOA)
- Official Receipt
- Two (2) or more pencils (No. 1 or No. 2)
- Ball pens with BLACK ink only
- One (1) piece long brown envelope
- One (1) piece long transparent/plastic envelope (for keeping your valuables and other allowed items)
- Health forms
- Negative RT-PCR Test Results, if applicable, or Certificate of Quarantine
Examinees are not allowed to bring books, notes or similar items in the examination room. Programmable calculators as well as electronic gadgets such as apple and samsung products are not allowed either. Bags of any kind are also not allowed inside the examination premises.
The following precautionary measures shall be observed during the conduct of the MELE:
- Wearing of face mask and face shield
- Sanitizing using alcohol and hand-based sanitizers whenever necessary
- Physical Distancing of one (1) meter at all times
- Those with fever and cold are not allowed to take the exam
- Observe proper hygiene at all times
Should you have concerns related to the Metallurgical Licensure Exam (MELE), you may also reach the Professional Regulatory Commission at the following contact details:
Do you have clarifications/ comments about the July 2021 MELE? Please feel free to drop one below.